Himalayan State Regional Council
- It was constituted by NITI Aayog to ensure sustainable development of the Indian Himalayan region.
- The Council has been constituted to review and implement identified action points based on the Reports of five Working Groups, which were established along thematic areas to prepare a roadmap for action.
- These Working Groups were tasked with preparing a roadmap for action across five thematic areas namely,
- (i) Inventory and Revival of Springs in Himalayas for Water Security,
- (ii) Sustainable Tourism in Indian Himalayan Region,
- (iii) Shifting Cultivation: Towards Transformation Approach,
- (iv) Strengthening Skill & Entrepreneurship (E&S) Landscape in Himalayas, and
- (v) Data/Information for Informed Decision Making.
- The Himalayan States Regional Council will be the nodal agency for the Sustainable development in the Himalayan Region which consists of the twelve States namely
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- two districts of Assam namely Dima Hasao and Karbi Anglong
- Darjeeling and Kalimpong in West Bengal.
- It shall monitor the implementation of action points for Central Ministries, Institutions and 12 Himalayan State Governments in Indian Himalayan Region which include river basin development and regional cooperation
- Spring mapping and revival across Himalayas in phased manner for water security
- Develop, implement and monitor tourism sector standards as well as bring policy coherence, strengthen skill & entrepreneurship with focus on identified priority sectors, among other action points
- It is a National Tribal Festival is being organized in New Delhi by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED to celebrate, cherish and promote the spirit of tribal craft, culture, cuisine and commerce.
- The theme of the festival is: “A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Craft, Cuisine and Commerce”.