Vande Bharat Express
- Minister of Railways announced the name Vande Bharat Express for Train 18, acknowledging it’s made-in-India status.
- This train set has been manufactured by Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in the period of 18 months under Make in India program.
- It is India’s first semi-high-speed train.
Ministry of Defence Launches RDP INDIA 2019
- Ministry of Defence had launched a mobile app RDP India 2019 on the Republic Day, with the intent of making available the highlights of the Republic Day event, not only to the spectators at Rajpath, but also to the general public all over the world.
- This app contains information about the Parade on Rajpath, New Delhi, including Order of the March, details of the tableaux presented by different States and Ministries, children cultural performances, fly past and names of recipients of Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2019.
Inauguration of IREP Kochi is not just proud moment for Kerala, but for the entire country: PM
- Integrated Refinery Expansion Project Complex (IREP) will be a modern expansion complex and transform Kochi refinery into the largest PSU Refinery in India with world class standards.
- It will be equipped for production of cleaner Fuels for India.
- It will double the production of LPG & diesel and commence production of feedstock for petrochemical projects in this plant.
- PM lauded the role of Kochi refinery and said it is making a great contribution towards Ujjwala Yojana, by doubling the LPG production with the help of the recent expansion.
Steps taken by government
- PM said Ujjwala has brought cheers to many and nearly six crore LPG connections have reached to the households of the poorest of the poor since May 2016.
- More than 23 crore LPG consumers have joined the Pahal scheme.
- The transparency in the scheme has helped in identifying ghost accounts, multiple accounts and inactive accounts.
- Over 1 crore customers have given up LPG subsidies under Give it up initiative.
- Use of CNG a clean fuel is being promoted by expanding the coverage of City Gas Distribution (CGD) network in the country.
- The National Gas Grid or Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga has also been created to have a gas-based economy and enhance the share of gas in the energy basket.
- Government has reduced oil import by 10% and saved precious Foreign Exchange.
- PM said that India as the second largest oil refiner in Asia is emerging as a refining hub.