Cancer and its Cure
- Cancer is a big issue among people these days.
- As per Government records, the number of cancer cases are going up. This may be due to
- increase in reporting of the cases
- increase in cancer cases due to lifestyle issues
- increase in awareness of people
- changes in environment
- With technology, physical activity has decreased. This decreases immunity which will increase the chance for cancer.
- Considering the normal body routine, some cancer cells are produced daily in the body. These cancer cells are killed by the body’s natural immune system. When this immune system is hampered by lifestyle of people, chances for cancer increase. The changes in lifestyle include
- lack of physical exercise
- increase in stress
- fast food culture which has carcinogens which can change genetic profile
- environmental pollution
- Mantra of 8-8-8
- 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours for self and other activities
- Time for self should include physical exercise, meditation and yoga to relieve stress and boos immune system
- It will also take care of other diseases like hypertension, diabetes etc.
- 80% of cases are curable which is due to early detection and treatment of cancer
- Early detection would require identification of basic initial symptoms and self examination
- Initial symptoms would include losing blood unusually through vomiting, persistent cough for more than 2 weeks, etc
- Self-examination might reveal lumps or hard mass which might be painful or bleeds.
Common cancers in India
- Tobacco, gutka, hooka, smoking causes oral cancer and lung cancers among men
- Among females, cervical cancers and breast cancers are common
Cure rate in India
- 70-80% of cancers are curable provided it is detected at an early stage.
- Access to medical facilities is also another factor which decides the rate of cure rate in India.
What needs to be done?
- Prevention through adoption of healthy lifestyles
- Awareness programmes should be held to make people b aware of cancer, its symptoms and its prevention.
- Early detection through awareness of symptoms and self examination