PM Lays Foundation Stone for Sela Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Sela Tunnel Project in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Project costing Rs. 687 crores being constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) would be completed in the next three years.
- Once completed this would result in:-
- All weather connectivity to Tawang and forward areas.
- Reduction in more than one hour of travelling time from Tezpur to Tawang.
- Travellers would be able to avoid the dangerous snow covered Sela top at a height of 13,700 feet.
- All weather connectivity to Tawang would be a game changer for the local population ahead of Sela apart from the much-required strategic edge for our security forces.
Mega Food Park at Mathura District in Uttar Pradesh
- Union Minister for Food Processing Industries laid foundation stone for M/s Nandvan Mega Food Park Private Limited located in in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- Modern infrastructure for food processing created at Park will benefit the farmers, growers, processors and consumers of Uttar Pradesh.
- It prove to be a big boost to the growth of the food processing sector in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries is focusing on boosting the food processing industry so that agriculture sector grows exponentially and become a major contributor to doubling the farmer’s income and Make In India initiative of the government.
- To give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables, Ministry is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme in the country.
- Mega Food Parks create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster-based approach.
- Common facilities and enabling infrastructure is created at Central Processing Centre and facilities for primary processing and storage is created near the farm in the form of Primary Processing Centers (PPCs) and Collection Centers (CCs).
- Under the Scheme, Government of India provides financial assistance upto. 50.00 Crore per Mega Food Park project.
PM launches DD Arunprabha – a dedicated 24×7 Satellite channel for Arunachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched DD Arunprabha at Arunachal Pradesh. He also laid foundation stone of Film and Television Institute (FTI) and several other projects in the state.
- Prime Minister said that in order to strengthen and develop the culture of the State, a dedicated 24×7 Satellite TV channel DD Arunprabha has been launched by the Government.
- He expressed hope that the channel will act as an ambassador of the culture of the state and will familiarize people across India with the beauty and the culture of the State.
- He said that for the development of New India, the development of North-East is essential.
- DD Arunprabhais the 24thsatellite channel operated by Doordarshan.
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to provide live coverage from remote locations, for 24×7 telecast.
- The channel will showcase the rich tradition and diversity of local culture.
- It will bring alive the magnificence of North-East by airing content sensitive to the needs and aspirations of local population including news, travelogues, mythological shows, documentaries, magazines, tele-films, reality shows, daily shows etc.
- The permanent campus ofFilm and Television Institutewill come up at Jollang-Rakap (Jote), Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This is the third Film and Television Institute of Ministry of I&B, the first two being FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata.
- It is the first Film and Television Institute of entire North-East.